Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward Look View Post
You've got great taste in cars! I love the '58's,best year for Plymouth. The 57's are beautiful but they did a great job of refining them in 58 by adding the matching lower valance,winged hood ornament,sharkfin fender ornaments,dual lights,and adding fury style trim that sweeps up the fin on the Belvederes.

Was your Savoy a 2 door hardtop coupe,2 door sedan,4 door sport sedan,etc? They are difficult cars to find ,especially the 58's. Did you have any other Forward Looks?

I sure wish that Sylvania Halo-Light was near me,I'd definitely buy it for $100.I love that set and haven't been able to find one nearby. How much did the guy in MD have to pay to ship it to you? Or did he just send the chassis? Isn't that model one of the last Halo-Lights made?
It was a Club Coupe (sedan). Amazingly enough, there was almost no rust on the fender eyebrows, and it even came with a set of aluminum Sportone inserts. Good friend of mine in NJ has I think 18 of em, I picked up a complete running 318 Poly from him last spring for it in trade for the inserts. Wasn't a complete set of the inserts, I think I was missing one fender piece.

The shipping is done by a friend of mine in MD, who has family this way and just happens to come to my house and drop off and pick up sets of his own that I fix for him . Not sure where you're located, but I could always take a good look at it, and pick it up for you if you want it. The one I just did was a real headache, but the end result was pretty darn good. Not perfect, but pretty darn good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bUxHpMFG5w
Old 12-17-2013, 08:46 AM
VideoKarma Member

I recently spoke to a friend of mine that has been a collector/dealer for decades in regards to the GE "Forecaster" TV. Years ago he acquired one NOS in it's original box! He sold it quickly. I would have liked to had my shot at acquiring it!
Old 01-18-2014, 06:33 PM
Blue Fox

So, how is the restoration going on the GE Forecaster. Hope to see some pictures soon. Good luck
Old 01-18-2014, 07:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

This might help. Cool looking set!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_mn86dfbzoy1r9qhhio1_500.jpg (130.6 KB, 33 views)
Old 01-19-2014, 02:57 PM
<-- Me and my "first" TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubejunke View Post
This might help. Cool looking set!
Looks like the offspring of a union between a Philco 1000 and a Predicta!
Audiokarma