Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-21-2017, 06:27 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

All these ills the last bunch of CRTs develop- I had a 36 Magnavox that would flicker & zone out after awhile, & a 36" Sony that also had a bunch of funky weirdness after it had a few years on it.... I NEVER have heard 1st or 2nd round of color crts pulling stuff like the latter day tooobs did- Had quality slipped THAT badly ? Part of the reason I got a 36" Sony was the Trinitrons HAD BEEN the Gold Standard for so long...It was almost painful to see..One gun-Usually the Red would crap out- & you may as well turn the sumbich off & go beat the cat, the wife, the dog, whatever.... Cause you wasn't gonna watch no more TV on IT for awhile...I dunno about the rest of youse guys, but I would have rather HAPPILY paid a little more dinero if I coulda bought a 36" CRT built to, what,1975 or so standards... Or whenever they started makin' them so cussedly CHEAP... I tell my "Civilian" friends that they about had HDTV color in 1954- & tell'/em to check out an early set that had been all properly set up by someone who knew what they were doing...Too bad they never really made "Milspec" color CRTs...
Old 11-22-2017, 12:13 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
All these ills the last bunch of CRTs develop- I had a 36 Magnavox that would flicker & zone out after awhile, & a 36" Sony that also had a bunch of funky weirdness after it had a few years on it.... I NEVER have heard 1st or 2nd round of color crts pulling stuff like the latter day tooobs did- Had quality slipped THAT badly ? Part of the reason I got a 36" Sony was the Trinitrons HAD BEEN the Gold Standard for so long...It was almost painful to see..One gun-Usually the Red would crap out- & you may as well turn the sumbich off & go beat the cat, the wife, the dog, whatever.... Cause you wasn't gonna watch no more TV on IT for awhile...I dunno about the rest of youse guys, but I would have rather HAPPILY paid a little more dinero if I coulda bought a 36" CRT built to, what,1975 or so standards... Or whenever they started makin' them so cussedly CHEAP... I tell my "Civilian" friends that they about had HDTV color in 1954- & tell'/em to check out an early set that had been all properly set up by someone who knew what they were doing...Too bad they never really made "Milspec" color CRTs...
- Sandy G.