Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2013, 06:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

84 GE 25PM-C Color console problem

You guys helped me so much with the Sylvania set now I have another problem. I just got this set and the first day it played beautifully. It is a 1984 GE color console with stereo and a bilingual adapter. It is using the same 25PM-C Chassis as another set I have.

I turned it on the next day and it clicked a few times and smoked. I found that it was a 5.6 uH choke coil or maybe its called an inductor I've heard it called both.

Here's the full schematic on the sweep board that has the problem.

I tried swapping the entire chassis with the other tv but it had the same problem and the same inductor started getting hot . I turned it off and put the chassis back in the other set. Fortunately it didn't hurt it. I'm thinking something in the stereo adapter or the connections for the bilingual adapter could be causing the problem.

I'm going to get the replacement part but I figured something caused this and I was wondering what to look for. The bilingual adapter on the back of the set was unplugged. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Jeff