Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:06 PM
John Q

wanted to share this amazing story with everyone.

I sold this gentleman a Motorola 9T1. He lives in Canada but aske me to send the set to Montana where he would pick it up.
Here's the email he sent me after putting the set together at home.

"Hi John. Hope all is well with you.. I finally made it down to the border yest and picked up the set and a few other items I had waiting. Can customs opened the other parcels but did not mess with the box that had the set.

Was charged 20 bucks tax, which was peanuts. Took it apart last night. It was beautifully wrapped, nice n tight and padded. Found the tubes and carefully marked which was which. Today I put them in and re attached the speaker wire and hooked cable up to it. IT WORKS AMAZING. Picture is beautiful and sound is perfect. AN ABSOLUTE GEM!!!!!

I didn't tell you earlier but just before Christmas I lost my brother to cancer. Before he passed on, he wanted me to buy something old that would remind me of him. He knew I had a real soft spot for antiques, so this was the purchase, and while it did not come from him directly, I am sure he is very happy with the addition."

Thanks for all your help and the great pack job.

Sincerely

Ross

The extra attention we give to packing these sets for mailing really pays off. The extra attention given to the restoration pays off too

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by charokeeroad; 03-06-2012 at 09:39 AM.