Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Help with a 1940's GE radio....

Now I'm trying to work on this radio for a friend, and I'm trying to figure out what the hell went wrong here.....

When I got it, there was a removed .05 uF 400 V cap that had burned, which I replaced. It extends between the on switch and one of the pins on the 35Z5, the same pin that the other end of the power cord goes to. There's also a burned resistor in that area. I'm looking at this damn set and thinking, well no wonder the damn thing fried, there's one .05 uF capacitor coupling both sides of the AC line!

It looks like it's got a fairly fresh power cord on it, so I'm wondering if this is actually right, or did somebody solder the cord on the wrong tube pin? It's a six tube set, and for some reason I can't find any schematics online that show, say, an all-american five set so that I can see where the pinouts on the 35Z5 actually go to. It just doesn't seem quite correct as it is