Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2023, 03:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

Mindset "Televisor" kit

I'm starting a new thread on this kit so as the Yanczer thread stays on course and add some explinations of what we are chasing. It is a science fair kit from Mindset UK that reproduces a 32 line mechanical television from the 30's and it is quite a good display to show the concept. Modern circuits and a plastic true-to-form copy in miniature of the Baird Televisor. it comes with an onboard "test" chart and an audio input from a CD with other NBTV 32 line displays. You will never confuse the two.

It looks like two of us working on the new version now. If anyone has the "old" version, please join in. The old version had a motor main board that was constructed in the old school with parts standing in the air away from the disc. Think a 1965 transistor radio. The new version moves the subminiature surface mounts to the disc side of the motor board. Think a tv remote control.

I have an original old version from the early offering but I managed to drop it and fracture most of the support plastic mounting. I set it aside and bought the new one when it appeared and it is not the same performance at least on mine. dtvmcdonald is chasing his new version also here.

Mine suffers from a sync (read speed) control that is running too fast. I can see sync trying to work but the speed is too fast and the control is out of range like your old H control just short of lock. I went back to my old unit and pieced it back together and it still works with full control. The control is even narrow enough to move the onboard test chart up and down for viewing framing. And by ear, it is running much slower than the new. It is hard to get pics of it so stay tuned as I figure that out.

Last edited by Dave A; 12-22-2023 at 03:57 PM.