Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2022, 06:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post
Not, really seeing as I really had no use for the Reel-to-reel tape recorder, because I wasn't able to find any decent tapes in the genres I liked at a decent price for it to make it worth my time keeping it, plus when I tried listing it locally in my area on places like Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist etc. I had no bites whatsoever on this tape recorder, also the guy I did the trade with is a fellow vintage electronics enthusiast like I am and a good friend of mine so I was more than willing to do the trade with him (he actually had some tapes for it that he could use with it), plus with as much as that reel-to-reel tape recorder weighed (80 lbs.) it would of cost about $200 just to ship it which would of eaten into any potential profit I could of made off the unit.

So really I don't think it was a rip off at all in that sense, plus vintage HP Test equipment in general costs quite a bit of money on eBay or elsewhere (I don't know which world you live in, but where I live you can't get a decent HP Signal Generator for under $300.)

Well now, I guess your's and my opinions differ slightly here, no surprise to me. The thing is, while I didn't ask your opinion, you DID ask mine as per this quote;

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post
What do you guys think? Was that a fair trade or not
So, since it appears you ARE satisfied with your trade as per your most recent post, why would you need the affirmation of people like me who you don't know and who (obviously) have different views about the value of the deal you made? You like what ya got? Great! Run with it and don't worry about what I or anyone else thinks, cause I certainly ain't loosing any sleep over whether or not your upset over what I think regarding if ya got porked or not
Audiokarma