Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2012, 05:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

AAAHAHGGHH SOMAD! Television problem.

best buy is trying to screw me out of my warrenty, got the black friday sale item. $200. for the $600. television.. http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/Home...LC42SV49U.aspx
bought the extended 4yr warrenty. less then a year later all of the hdmi ports are fried, and geeksquad was supposed to come out and fix my television, so i talk to the guy over the phone, tell him what happened, how the hdmi port shocked me, and would nolonger display on any HDMI inputs.
so they said, ok probably the main display board, they would send me the correct main board, and set up a date to come over and fix it..
that date comes by, and i get a call from the geeksquad guy before he is on his way, he asks me about the problems with the television again, and he says yea, probably the main board. we will have to get that part shipped out to you.. i tell him it was already supposed to be. he types some stuff, than tells me they hadent ordered any parts, and he would get it ordered for me..
another week goes by, and i recieve a box, i hadent opened it, was going to let the geeksquad guy open the box. lady calls me today, and says they shipped me the wrong part, and the replacement part i need is nolonger available.

so they said bring it back to the store,. and have them exchange it for a different tv. i take it back to the store, they said because it was on sale, they can only give me a $200. or less television. Now I'm MAD. waited outside for 13hours and wasted my whole thanksgiving out in the cold for this television. they sent me a board, claimed it was the wrong one and they are now saying that the part is nolonger available. can anybody tell me if this is the correct part for my television, part number DUNTKE450FM01, model number lcc3234u, if it is, i'l just put it in the television myself.