Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2014, 09:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Testing caps with freeze spray .

I was watching a video of a man fixing a flat panel television and He got a tip from a tech that used freeze spray to freeze the cap if it was bad it would unfreeze fast and the one's next to them would stay frozen or cold . Has anyone heard for the techs doing this . I bet the final way to test them would to use a oscilloscope with component testing capabilities . Im wanting to service a VCR with a audio channel that comes in when warm and is out when cold . Im thinking theirs some kind of short in the FM audio board So I want to use this approach in serving her .

Let me know if this will work for me to test the caps by freezing them is see or find the problem . Old caps are the first place I would like to look at .But there's many of them and small too on the FM audio board too . Oh by the way I have a post on the repair , but haven't fixed her at this moment . I going to try to get a member to sell me his old vcr the same model as mine so I can get her going .