Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2016, 08:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

WTB parts for Zenith tube radio

Hello folks, my name is Bubba57. I have been a subscriber in Audiokarma for a while now. But I am new to this Videokarma. I need a little help if you would be so kind. I bought an Zenith X334m at the goodwill and I am trying to clean it up and replace a few caps in it and hopefully get it working. I need a part,,number or source. The part is under the tuner and there are 2 of them. These 2 coils are affixed to a plate that moves in and out with the tuning mechanism. The parts consist of a wrapped coil that moves and an adjustable ferrite rod that. Stays in one position. The rod has a spring and both have red plastic nuts on them. In the schematic the show these to be L2 and L3. They also show 2 different part numbers. L2 is FM RF Zenith p/n S-62887. L3 is FM oscillator Zenith p/n S-64580.

The coils of both of these are good but I have one of the adjustable ferrite pins or rods that has broken off about half way.

Do any of you know where I can find one of these? What is its purpose? And do any of you have one that you could part with?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Bubba57

Last edited by Bubba57; 02-13-2016 at 09:12 PM.