Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:08 AM
Workin' Late Again

More specifically which chassis number do you have? The Sams website lists two different folders for that model number and the Horz circuits are not the same.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
More specifically which chassis number do you have? The Sams website lists two different folders for that model number and the Horz circuits are not the same.
Riders shows that model number to use a 21B1 or a 21L1 chassis.
The schematic shown is not the right one.
The OP should only use the chassis number. Model numbers mean very little.
Riders volume # 13, page 13-1. There was a multitude of changes made throughout the production run.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:18 AM
Workin' Late Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
Riders shows that model number to use a 21B1 or a 21L1 chassis.
The schematic shown is not the right one.
The OP should only use the chassis number. Model numbers mean very little.
Riders volume # 13, page 13-1. There was a multitude of changes made throughout the production run.
I suppose the .0039 cap was the clue to reading between the lines, but then again one never knows for sure what changes have been made to the set before someone comes on here asking for help.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

I've checked every resistor and cap around the horizontal oscillator and horizontal output tubes. Any out of tolerance resistors were replaced. I also tested the flyback and it tested good on my tester. I still get no hv. These Admirals are usually easy to restore. What am I missing and what's going on here?
Old 05-31-2017, 11:11 PM
Tinker

Tom asked you to check the damper. You should be getting at least 250 vdc on pin 5 of the 6W4. Pin 3 of the 6W4 should be about 415 volts, this is your B+ boost voltage. Make sure there is continuity through all the terminals of your linearity coil. These voltages are the same as your boost voltage and they pass through pin 1 of the flyback to the plate of the 6BQ6.
Audiokarma
Old 06-01-2017, 10:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

Ok, thanks. I will take those readings and report back tonight. I used my BK Analyst and injected horizontal drive voltage to the cap of the 6BQ6. I now get an arc off the cap of the hv rectifier, but no arc at the second anode button on the crt. I still don't get a raster, but can hear the hv running with the analyst for the first time. I also checked and replaced any out of tolerance resistors in the base of the hv rectifier while I was at it.