Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

B&k 440

Hello,

I'm looking for the instruction manual and schematic.

Anyone have these in PDF or know where I can find them?

Thanks,

Matt Koser
Old 05-07-2008, 12:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

B&K 440 manual

here's a generic B&K CRT tester manual from their website with a tube list for the settings. I have a hard copy of the manuals for the 440 and can scan the parts list and schematic later today.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 100-CRT.pdf (241.9 KB, 16 views)
Old 05-07-2008, 02:26 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

Lemme check my tester, it may have 2 manuals in it

OOPS mines a 446 does that matter?

Steve
Old 05-08-2008, 08:45 AM
VideoKarma Member

B&K 440 schematic

Here's the 440 schematic
Attached Files
File Type: pdf B_K_440_schematic.pdf (216.3 KB, 25 views)
Old 05-08-2008, 09:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thank you everyone for the manual and schematic! I appreciate it.

I have to be honest, the "generic" manual pretty much confused the beep out of me.

I recently picked up two of these units for pretty cheap, and have a few tubes i want to test..... before I do a recap.

It seems as if the manual above describes settings, and switches, and whatnot that the 440 does not have.

Im sorry for sounding stupid here, but would anybody be willing to give me a basic crash course in using my 440? I don't want to just hook it up and wreck anything.

Thank you,

Matt Koser
Audiokarma
Old 05-08-2008, 10:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

The best advice would be to make sure the tester is in good working order before using it. It may need new electrolytics or other work before it is safe to use. With that said,to test a CRT, find the number of the picture tube that you want to test in the chart. This will tell you the filament voltage, the adapter you need (if you need one) and what position to set the G1 switch (high or low). With the tester off, set the filament voltage, connect the tester to the CRT, set the selector switch to the continuity/shorts position. Turn on the tester and let it warm up; the two indicators marked G1 and G2 have two sections each. The way they light will tell you if there are problems. THere should be a chart in the lid of the tester that explains the results. If there are no problems indicated, turn the selector to the emission setting. The meter will show the level of emission, 300 or more is good. I would not use the clear short or rejuvenate function unless absolutely needed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 440_manual.pdf (269.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: pdf 440_chart_page_1.pdf (72.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: pdf 440_chart_page_2.pdf (72.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: pdf 440_chart_page_3.pdf (63.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: pdf 440_chart_page_4.pdf (20.9 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by dave1138; 05-08-2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: added attachment
Old 05-11-2008, 11:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1138 View Post
The best advice would be to make sure the tester is in good working order before using it. It may need new electrolytics or other work before it is safe to use. With that said,to test a CRT, find the number of the picture tube that you want to test in the chart. This will tell you the filament voltage, the adapter you need (if you need one) and what position to set the G1 switch (high or low). With the tester off, set the filament voltage, connect the tester to the CRT, set the selector switch to the continuity/shorts position. Turn on the tester and let it warm up; the two indicators marked G1 and G2 have two sections each. The way they light will tell you if there are problems. THere should be a chart in the lid of the tester that explains the results. If there are no problems indicated, turn the selector to the emission setting. The meter will show the level of emission, 300 or more is good. I would not use the clear short or rejuvenate function unless absolutely needed.

Thank you very very much.

I greatly appreciate it!

MK
Old 10-03-2010, 08:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hello

Last edited by roquesantos; 10-05-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:20 PM
RCA 741PCS

The links are dead because all the attached files were lost when this site was split off from Audiokarma Sorry
Old 05-07-2011, 08:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

No puedo bajar los archivos me Urge el diagrama del B&K 440
Ayudenme por favor
mi correo es: repacomputo@yahoo.com
Audiokarma
Old 02-26-2012, 06:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

B&k 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1138 View Post

Does anyone have a recent entry for the listed schematics, manual, and charts for the B&K 440 picture tube tester? This list is no longer available. Thank you.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:29 AM
VideoKarma Member

B&K 440 Charts

The links to 440 charts, don´t work.
pls, can some one upload the charts one more time ?
Thanks