Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:55 AM
VideoKarma Member

I got one bad PDF from SAMS and they replaced it with a paper copy
For free - other couple have been great. One thing I like about digital copies is I never lose them.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Looks like my T-933. The thing on top of the power transformer is a power supply choke. The tuners can be finick as well as the horizontal blanking tube. If the picture is dark, change that tube first!
Of all my color sets, it has the best "dip" in horizontal tube current.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well ordered another 887 folder lets see what I get with this...

I need to lock myself in the basement for a week, I have a growing stack of projects...pair of speakers, receiver, oven, lcd tv, turntable x2 and a cassette deck...
Old 10-22-2014, 02:08 PM
The glass is -3dB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog1983 View Post
Well ordered another 887 folder lets see what I get with this...

I need to lock myself in the basement for a week, I have a growing stack of projects...pair of speakers, receiver, oven, lcd tv, turntable x2 and a cassette deck...
One of these things is not like the others... One of these things just doesn't belong...

I've got everything you have, except for the oven. Instead one of the units has an 8-track in it...
Old 10-22-2014, 03:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPegs View Post
One of these things is not like the others... One of these things just doesn't belong...

I've got everything you have, except for the oven. Instead one of the units has an 8-track in it...

I know, the thrift store tossed a 600$ counter top microwave/convectional oven combo...I just couldn't say no, it has a bad leaf switch somewhere...there are only like 20..

Projects always cost money, and I am in the waiting stage of disability...so my only income is what I can squeeze off ebay, use to make 70k a year on ebay...then I lost me inventory to fire...moved out here into the middle of no where and can maybe get 400-800 a month

I wish someone would give me a 500$ gift card to mouser or digikey so I can get them all done
Audiokarma
Old 10-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWM View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnavox-Col...3D131278998528

this is what I was thinking but it says it starts with 924, so not so sure now. Darn magnaovox they have tough chassis numbers
I have this book and it helped me with alot of tubed Mags, BUT a pull-out schematic for a T920 is not included, only a T904 - the first rectangular CRT Magna-color.
My fits on these sets always were CRT and video output related. The sound quality on these Mags was 2nd to none!

Send me a pm with your email and I'll scan you the applicable sections.

Last edited by DavGoodlin; 10-24-2014 at 07:38 AM. Reason: no 920 schemo
Old 10-23-2014, 06:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have this book, but, mine does not have a T920 schematic. It does have the series 31,37,41,and 45 schematics. These are for roundies. Mine does not say vol. one so it is an older printing. They are a good resource.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well, I have some how been able to find accessories for the tv...

Nice horse tv lamp, the original! Manual, and a cool antenna.

I found a nice place right under my work bench, where I will be able to remove the back in a safe area and remove the chassis to test tubes, look at the boards, clean...clean and clean more..

Be thankful you guys have never had arthritis at the age of 30...I do 2 hours of work and I am out for the rest of the day...
Old 10-24-2014, 10:22 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPegs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog1983 View Post

I know, the thrift store tossed a 600$ counter top microwave/convectional oven combo...I just couldn't say no, it has a bad leaf switch somewhere...there are only like 20..

Projects always cost money, and I am in the waiting stage of disability...so my only income is what I can squeeze off ebay, use to make 70k a year on ebay...then I lost me inventory to fire...moved out here into the middle of no where and can maybe get 400-800 a month

I wish someone would give me a 500$ gift card to mouser or digikey so I can get them all done
I have an old clothes dryer in my bedroom with all my electronic stuff. I had an old microwave/convection oven sitting in the corner for months, also a thrift store find. It's in the kitchen now.

Yup, I'm in a similar financial boat, doing all I can to finally get on my feet. I have a few projects and have been gathering repair supplies as finances permit.

Last edited by Jon A.; 10-24-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

Wooooo Hoooooo

Finally got the right sams!! Happy happy!!

It looks like the last owner/tech of them also had/worked on the same model as the section for the mag is pretty worn...Now I have voltages and parts list!
Audiokarma