Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2016, 12:03 AM
Florence

Long-time lurker breaking the ice

Hi all,

I've been a lurker of this site for 5 or 6 years, and a member for over 3 years. When I posted my first thread here recently, I realized it was my first post ever, so I thought I would introduce myself!

My main interests are VCRs, camcorders, and pocket-size portable TVs (Sony Watchman, Casio, etc.). I love just about anything battery-powered. I own a couple of older VHS VCRs, several vintage camcorders, including a Sony Hi8 and two Sony Digital8 camcorders which I still use regularly to make YouTube videos, and a couple of pocket TVs. I'd have a lot more, but I'm limited on space and funds. :P

More minor interests are console color TVs, reel-to-reel VTRs, and tube-based video cameras.

Finally, I provide the following information about myself - I'm an Electrical Engineering student, an amateur radio operator, and I collect many other types of vintage electronics - mainly computers, calculators, and audio equipment. I can be found many places on the Internet under the name "themaritimeman", which I would have used here, except apparently that's too long-winded for this site. Here are my main social media outlets:

www.youtube.com/themaritimeman
www.youtube.com/themaritimeman2
www.instagram.com/themaritimeman
www.twitter.com/themaritimeman

And that's pretty much it!