Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-01-2017, 12:37 AM
VideoKarma Member

Happy New Year, y'all

Well, today I ran it for a little over 2 hours and all is good. Few things I noticed, but screw it, I'm not going to worry about it until the time comes to open it up again. For one, the springed yoke holder thingamajig can't tighten up the yoke the best anymore. So now it has turned a little since I got it all screwed together. Because of that, I got a crooked pic and a thin dark line at the bottom... ohwell.
I also noticed it has some minor linearity issues. Not heat related. They don't change during operation. That issue's not really noticeable when watching tv programs though, so that's fine. Another thing i've noticed, while staring at the screen, is that during still moments you can tell the picture is breathing a little bit. Waves...like a flag...also not noticeable during regular tv. I always thought this was a sign of bad filter caps??? All of them are new!

Well anyway's, time for some pics of my little T103:

For part of its run, I was playing, -then let the game play by-itself, "Wheel of Fortune" on the SNES. I also hooked it to my converter box, and had it on MyTV's Svengooly movie, but those pics didn't come out.
Also have some comparison shot's, with the little RCA 8" and the bigger RCA 14" on the dresser.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_3929.jpg (99.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 101_3930.jpg (98.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 101_3937.jpg (44.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 101_3939.jpg (82.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 101_3940.jpg (72.4 KB, 9 views)