Go Back TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 9,600
Go to just radios, Mouser, Allied, Digikey, Capacitor World, etc and look at the electrolytic caps available.

They do not make caps in that exact form factor anymore (and NOS ones are crap) so you will have to use smaller modern caps to replace that can. Read the value(s) on the original can.

Odds are the can contains more than one cap. The values should be something like ##uF (or ##MFD if older notation) ###V along with a symbol (D,[],V,'-' or blank) indicating which of the inner terminals the positive lead connects to. The positive terminal will have the same symbol as the corresponding value on the label does. The negative terminals are all connected to the outer metal can (there are exceptions but those are rare).

When ordering replacements you will want to order one for each section of the original can. You will want to order the same voltage value or higher (NEVER go lower voltage), and you will want the same or close capacitance within 20-50% tolerance.
Tom C.

What I want. -->

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ęCopyright 2012, All rights reserved.