Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

FOR SALE OR TRADE: I have an early 50s Motorola 17" that needs a good home. It played as is several years ago when I got it. Then the video went out and I haven't done anything with it since. I had the Bakelite sister to it, and just kept this one around in case I needed a crt or whatever. Big money came for the Bakelite! Wasn't my asking; it was an offer. This wood job wont be too much. Easy restore I'd say. The picture isn't the exact set. Mine is slightly different around the controls, but that's the only close picture I could rip. Mine has no legs also. I'm not where the set is to get a pic and model. Somebody can pick it up for say fifty bucks or so.

Also is my RCA 8T 243 which was a project, but another similar chassis RCA (TC 127) came my way and I restored it instead. I like the double D mask sets better along with the 12" tube. Now the 8T has a good 10BP4 and a LOT of potential. It's all there. I even purchased the missing back, HV cage and a few missing knobs. It was a true "barn find" when I got it. After making the power supply usable, the rest of the darned thing just about came to life. Sound, video, sweep. The horizontal frequency was way off I remember. Pretty good for something that had to have been sitting dormant since the 50s or 60s! It is heavy and I am heavily into downsizing. Being a 40s RCA with a good jug, it should be worth a hundred or so. Pick up only. Make offer! The whole 9.....

WANTED: I have a Hickok 209C that somebody sold me on Praybay with a sticking meter movement. I need a replacement, complete with a decent chrome bezel. Bezel of course isn't priority. I need the meter to work. Not to be confused with the earlier Cadillac meters' 209 and 209A, the 209C was built in the 60s and I think is Hickok's last of the HUGE VTVMs. It only has one tube, which I thought was strange considering most any VTVM has 2, and the always over the top Hickok meters often had I think 5 tubes. I also want a black face 209A if I can find one reasonably priced. All of these tend to be hugely overblown in price on Ebay and are most often missing the crucial AC probe. Then once in a while one slips through the radar and goes el cheapo complete with all leads and probe. One of our members scored a black face there for something like 40 or 50 bucks! Very grand sc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fd2af922c5a2d35400f5bf75d998ae77.jpg (27.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 41ac46f342173c4caf661374a83b66ea.jpg (46.6 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Tubejunke; 03-08-2017 at 01:43 AM.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:56 AM
< RCA CTC-5

Also added to the list I'm looking to buy a good 23CP4 for the Emerson B&W set I completely restored, it's CRT is original and it took 10 rejuvenations to get it back to being watchable and I know that won't hold up forever, even though the set is well used it works good and I put a lot of work into it so I think it's worth geting it a good testing CRT if any of you have a spare let me know and what you want for it!
Old 03-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtvmcdonald View Post
Wanted: truly hard to get items:

1) 21-CT-55 with really really good CRT, in fact I'd prefer a glass replacement tube.,
chassis restored or not

2) the Holy Grail: a truly good, with good life test, no gas, 15GP22, not already in
a set
Even if someone were to sell you a truly good, no gas, 15GP22, there is absolutely no guarantee it wouldn't spring a larger leak (all practical seals leak, and all vacuum tubes are currently "leaking") after repeated heating and cooling cycles. The 15G in your set was probably fine when you took possesion of it; I don't think Steve McVoy would try to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:14 PM
< RCA CTC-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by benman94 View Post
Even if someone were to sell you a truly good, no gas, 15GP22, there is absolutely no guarantee it wouldn't spring a larger leak (all practical seals leak, and all vacuum tubes are currently "leaking") after repeated heating and cooling cycles. The 15G in your set was probably fine when you took possesion of it; I don't think Steve McVoy would try to pull the wool over anyone's eyes.
That's why I would never own a 15GP22 and AXP's are low on my list right now as well 😂
Old 03-11-2017, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS X View Post
That's why I would never own a 15GP22 and AXP's are low on my list right now as well 😂
Rebuilding a 21AXP22 should be relatively easy: just reweld the seals and regun, evacuate, seal off, and activate the cathodes. A normal delta gun should be pretty easy to source.

The 15GP22 is much much harder. Between the ultor flange and the screwy electrostatic focus gun, I have serious doubts that rebuilding 15Gs will ever be done in quantity, like the B/W tubes and 21 inch roundies could be.
Audiokarma
Old 03-11-2017, 04:45 PM
< RCA CTC-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by benman94 View Post
Rebuilding a 21AXP22 should be relatively easy: just reweld the seals and regun, evacuate, seal off, and activate the cathodes. A normal delta gun should be pretty easy to source.

The 15GP22 is much much harder. Between the ultor flange and the screwy electrostatic focus gun, I have serious doubts that rebuilding 15Gs will ever be done in quantity, like the B/W tubes and 21 inch roundies could be.
That makes more sense now I know that!, if 21 inch round screen tubes could be rebuilt someday that would be awesome also obviously black and white as well!, then it would not be such a big deal if a set had a bad CRT. Only downfall is it would devalue some of the TVs in a way knowing that you could get a new tube and in turn makes tv's less valuable but that's not a bad thing for all of us so someday every TV collector could have a roundie they could watch consistently and just have the tube rebuilt when it starts to get weak.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Well, rebuilding really isn't off the ground yet; no price structure is in place yet. Anybody who has a tube rebuilt in the future (5+ years from now I'd guess) is going to have to (or at the very least ought to) compensate Nick Williams for his time and expertise, and the musuem for use of the equipment. This likely isn't going to be cheap. Add in the cost of a gun (100+ dollars) and even a lowly 21FBP22 or 10BP4 isn't going to be cheap.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Six weeks away!!

Old 03-19-2017, 10:07 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

If i wasnt on the coast ide be gunnin for the tv in my avatar..

SR
Old 03-20-2017, 12:15 PM
BigDavesTV

ETF Spring Meet want list addition!

I'd like to find at Spring ETF Meet, one of these little Admiral or K-Mart branded (Admiral) color portables, like or similar to the attached picture Ad. I also like the 14"Zenith and RCA, and Motorola / Quasar color portables, metal or plastic cabinet, with at least some tubes inside, or in Zenith's case, a Chromacolor II series, if it's solid state. In short, smaller color tube set that I can manage more easily!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1970-Admiral-Color-12in_1.jpg (15.9 KB, 29 views)
Old 03-20-2017, 08:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavGoodlin View Post
Wanted: Motorola 21" round color from 1964 with series-wired heaters and paralleled Hor output tubes - chassis TS912/Sams 695 A N D

Motorola 19" BW like in avatar, mostly escutcheon, knobs, etc to restore another CDTS581/Sams 612
There was another forum member that mentioned that they aquired a Motorola TS912 set, but that was a year or two ago.
I only ran into one of those in my time. A friend got it as a freebee. Both horiz out tubes were bad. They were the odd-ball 12GC6, that only Motorola seemed to use. It had two 19AU4 dampers and several Euro-type tubes.
I don't think, that set is that common.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:05 PM
VideoKarma Member

It's highly unlikely that I'll make it out to the convention this go around, but I'll put my short list out there; the 'pony express' could always come through!

GE 23v color set with KD or KE chassis

Philco-Ford 23v color set from the 60's
Old 03-21-2017, 08:14 AM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow View Post
It's highly unlikely that I'll make it out to the convention this go around, but I'll put my short list out there; the 'pony express' could always come through!

If I had one you know Id save it for you but I might want to work on it first. I keep checking CL, etc.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgadow View Post

If you or Dave make a connection it'll have a ride back to Lancaster eventually

Old 03-21-2017, 09:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks, guys! No hurry, just keeping it out there. Dave, it might turn out better if you did work on it first!