Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:18 AM
VideoKarma Member

Everyone post your want lists

I know a lot of us have specific models, brands, or chassis that they like to collect, and that finding anything specific can take years of looking. What if we had a thread where everyone posts their wish list and location? That way, if anyone has something, or sees something another VK member wants, they can let them know about it. I know a lot of VK members go nuts over sets that I wouldn't even take a second look at, and I'm sure the same is true of some of my "dream" sets. I also have sets I know I'll never touch that I would love to find homes for.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:26 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

I'll kick this off: CT-100 (EVERYONE!)
Old 06-05-2011, 01:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'm in Port St. Lucie Florida, I want a Magnavox television console, color or b & w, with doors, working preferably.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:33 PM
M is for Memory+Moderator

I live in Pewaukee(a bit west of Milwaukee), Wi.

My acquisition budget fluctuates depending on what I've been buying, selling or saving for, so most items over 300$ I may not be able to immediately purchase.

When I was a kid in the 90's my folks had almost the exact set in the linked video below(though I think the finish was lighter), and some of my first memories were watching that Motorola Quasar WID set. After killing that set when I was young (I was curious as to why the sound came in before the picture, and toggled the power switch until it would not turn on back when I was 3 or 4 years old) I've come to feel obligated to preserve one(also for nostalgia). Skip to 7:30 to see it with the front panel reassembled. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DZjvWy9ZfA

I want a roundy color TV/stereo combo with remote and tube audio system, in a modern (for the time) styled cabinet, prefer Zenith, Magnavox, and Curtis Mathes, RTR deck a plus.

A pre-war TV.

Any Setchell Carlson Color set...Especially Roundys, tube/hybrid monitors, and table/portable sets. Does not need to have a CRT.....Heck I may even be interested in a fairly complete chassis.

Color TV's made before 1960.
I would specifically really like a 15" Admiral model C1617A, 15" Zenith, any set with a chassis that is NOT an RCA design.

The VHF tuning knob, the back and the legs/stand for my blond RCA CTC-4 Seville. A good 21AXP22 round screen color CRT for it.

21" Philco Predicta (must have a good CRT, and the flyback).

Zenith Avanti(hybrid or combo), and some of their other very modern styled offerings of the time.

Philco Safari portable (black), and knobs and hood for a brown one.

Admiral bakelite console TV

RCA model 8TR29, and a good top cover for my 8TS30.

GE model 810.

Westinghouse "Jet Set" table top combo

Early 60's GE combo or stereo only version of that table top model with hinged speakers that doubled as doors.

Pilot model TV37.

A 1940's projection set.

A spare 21" color roundy glass CRT(such as the 21FBP22, 21FJP22, 21GUP22, 21GVP22, etc...).

Strong 16GP4.

If the price is cheap enough I'll adopt any color set that uses tubes, and most tube TVs in general.

Some non TV things I want.
A pair of the same model of add on Dolby NR units for reel to reel or 8-track decks.
A four channel cassette deck.
A working CD-4 / Quadradisc Quadraphonic decoder.
Quad records, eight tracks, and reel to reel tapes.
Any matrix type quadraphonic decoder with logic.
A Philco "beam of light" with "mystery control" and preferably a wire recorder in it as well.
A EAIJ standard color reel to reel VTR.
ED betamax deck.
A laserdisc recorder (according to wikipedia there were prosumer units made).
A Transcription turntable (I built a crude one, and would like a real one).
A couple more Heathkit A-7D or A-7E tube amps.
A good or restorable E.H. scott radio.
A good or restorable 30's or 40's lighted art deco visable mechanism 78RPM jukebox(preferably wurlitzer or rock ola, I have to like the styling on it to be interested). The Wulritzer 1100 and earlier are my taste.
Any color set that uses a 15GP22 CRT.
Any format of tape recorder that I did not mention.

Some more vintage cars. 1948 and older GM (and Nash '51[especially] and older) fastbacks, finned 50's cars (such as '59-'60 caddys, '57 Lincolns, and late 50's mopar like the 'forward look models' and the 61 imperial), first year (1967 IIRC) old's Toronado and the first body style Eldorado based on the same front wheel drive platform (especially the one with the headlamp covers that blended into the grille), Lincoln Mark III and IV, a pre-1980 station wagon or Suburban (I'd like to have a period correct TV hauler ).
A girlfriend.

The more I learn the longer my want list gets, but my habitual buying keeps it at bay.

Tom C.

Last edited by Electronic M; 05-10-2017 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Adding and subtracting items to update list
Old 06-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Before I shuffle off this mortal coil-Or to Buffalo, whichever comes 1st, I'd LOVE to have a 1950 Zenith 12" leather-covered porthole tabletop set-Working, of course...I'd also like to get my '65 Zenith color Roundie working again, & get all my TVs back from Terry's...A few other things-Some sort of cable/antenna device that would allow me to have more than 2 or 3 sets working at a time, a 30-40' tower to mount my Winegard FM antenna atop, a GOOD "rotaterator" & antenna distribution device for IT, as I have an ICOM R-7000, 2 Nems Clarke UHF/FM receivers, a Hallicrafters SX-62A, & my Yamaha RX-V1, plus some other FM sets I've not mentioned. A power tranny for a Sonny(SCREW the Bots....) 8-301 W-I have an otherwise PRISTINE example, that I'd LOVE to get working, & finally, a good engineer & a couple of assistants to install all this stuff for me...(grin)

Last edited by Sandy G; 06-05-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 06-05-2011, 04:15 PM
In Storage

About the only thing I'd be interested in right now is a 23" B&W set from 1979-81 (or later, if such a thing exists.)
Old 06-05-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I want a tube or hybrid color set that has remote control feature(especially if it is a Zenith). A 23" viewable area color delta gun tube (as a spare for the two sets I have that use one, and in case I botch the cateract removal I want to try).

I can help you out with both of these, Tom. I have a remote color all tube Admiral set in a nice wood cabinet, and a Zenith non-remote that has a 23" tube in it. Come on down to Waukegan to collect.

Quote:
If the price is cheap enough I'll adopt any color set that uses tubes, and most tube TVs in general.

In that case, you can empty out my garage, bring a U-Haul!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

one of those scott consoles with the tv would be neat. In blond. if there is such a thing. A blond porthole. A danish or blond roundie. The least would be a good crt for my Zenith roundie. A nice strong one close by for cheap or free. LOL.

I live in escanaba michigan. I would like to find homes for a couple sets too. LOL a 59 GE, motorola stereo/BW combo, and a bakelite admiral 17".
Old 06-05-2011, 07:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

Still looking for the Setchell-Carlson portable appearing as my avatar. A model with UHF would be especially nice!
Old 06-05-2011, 09:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

A GE 23v color set, preferably with the KE chassis though older (KA, KC?) would be okay.

A cheap (ha!) Philco TV-123. I think I'd rather have that than a CT-100.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:39 PM
sampson159

where do i start?
a flat chassis zenith color set
a sylvania superset e-45 or 48 chassis
zenith roundie
'sylvania d-16 combo
dumont console with 30 inch crt
muntz color roundie
zenith porthole
Old 06-05-2011, 09:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

They all sound great!!!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampson159 View Post
muntz color roundie

I think Mark (zenithfan1) has one he might part with, shoot him a PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

I am in Los Angeles and, while this isn't TV, maybe someone has for sale a ham radio transmitter, Johnson Viking Valiant. A friend wants one a lot.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Administrator

I've wanted a Crosley 10-401 Bakelite 10" set for a while, never can find a nice one locally.

Audiokarma