Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Bullies beware.

Where did you get the individual parts? I think that's what I'll have to do to get a focus control for my Sylvania. I also have an old car stereo that was hit so hard in transport that a solid steel control shaft was badly bent. I got it straightened to the best of my abilities which was very hard to do, but it still binds with certain knob/disc setups.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:04 PM
Workin' Late Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
Where did you get the individual parts? I think that's what I'll have to do to get a focus control for my Sylvania. I also have an old car stereo that was hit so hard in transport that a solid steel control shaft was badly bent. I got it straightened to the best of my abilities which was very hard to do, but it still binds with certain knob/disc setups.
I got these from Play Things Of Past. Gary doesn't list all the individual components on his website, but apparently he has quite a stash of IRC parts. The key is you need an IRC sub book to look up the replacement for the OEM part number, then look up which individual components make up that IRC control.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:58 PM
<----Zenith C845

I was trying for months to find a replacement for the 2-megohm stereo volume control in my Zenith MJ-1035 stereo FM radio, with no luck. Are those pots still available?

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:58 PM
Workin' Late Again

I've never found a cross reference book that covers stereo equipment, but it's possible they exist. If you know all the dimensions and taper of the pots I'm sure you could build it from parts. Mark Oppat http://www.oldradioparts.net/ might be better able to answer your question.