Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2024, 08:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have Horizontal Disease...yet again Admiral 20X1 Chassis

It worked, kinda, bringing it up slowly on original parts. Then I started on recapping the power section and replacing electrolytic caps...turned it on...still worked, maybe a bit better. Kept going replacing caps one by one, checking resistors and replacing any bad ones etc...

Full screen and raster. Cleaned all the controls. Fed in a cross hatch pattern and got junk for the horizontal. Followed the service data for dialing in the horizontal oscillator and frequency...still junk.

The oscillator waveform and frequency are perfect...exactly how they look in the service data.

This is the junk I have...

So frustrated. I see so many restorers on YT get TVs from this era working so well about halfway through testing and replacing parts. The Crosley, Dumont GE Locomotive and now this Admiral all sitting in my shop with mysterious horizontal issues I cannot solve. Mad, frustrated and feeling like I need to take a break from this hobby if I don't get some success soon.