Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-22-2021, 11:47 PM
radiodayz

vortalexfan, my guess would be that your set simply wasn't designed to have great FM selectivity, since the FM band was much less crowded back in the day. In those days, AM was still considered more important.
Old 10-23-2021, 07:06 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiodayz View Post
vortalexfan, my guess would be that your set simply wasn't designed to have great FM selectivity, since the FM band was much less crowded back in the day. In those days, AM was still considered more important.
That makes sense, the mid-1960s was the the height of rock n' roll and most of that was still played on the AM band (and most cars back then still had AM only radios in them.)
Old 08-11-2022, 04:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

OK, so I finally got around to completely recapping this radio (unfortunately I had some traces lift on me, even with using a 25w soldering iron, which is the lowest powered soldering iron one can get.)

With the radio recapped the radio works 100x better than it did before when I first got it, but then when I was trying to put the unit back together the wire lead for the (-) battery terminal broke off the board, and I am not sure where that wire lead goes to because I didn't pay attention to where it was connected to originally.

Does anyone on here know where the (-) battery terminal would of connected at on this radio? it works fine on 110V but I would also like to be able to use it on batteries as well.