Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique phonographs

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Edison A100

I need a picture/diagram or parts list for an Edison A100. A friend wants me to help reassemble it. I know he will need to order a spring, but we need to determine if another parts are needed.
Thanks,
Bill
Old 02-08-2015, 09:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well it has been a long time. I did find a service manual for the A100 and it appears he did have all of the parts. Now after all this time he has decided he wants me to reassemble it for him. I should have my head examined, but I agreed to do it. I have picked up the pieces and will start cleaning them up soon. What I need now is a good reliable source for the spring, and possibly any other missing parts. He is aware that if the reproducer must be rebuilt, it will probably put the project over budget. First things first, who is a good source for the spring?
Old 02-09-2015, 08:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill R View Post
Well it has been a long time. I did find a service manual for the A100 and it appears he did have all of the parts. Now after all this time he has decided he wants me to reassemble it for him. I should have my head examined, but I agreed to do it. I have picked up the pieces and will start cleaning them up soon. What I need now is a good reliable source for the spring, and possibly any other missing parts. He is aware that if the reproducer must be rebuilt, it will probably put the project over budget. First things first, who is a good source for the spring?
Here's a great place to get any edison parts: http://www.wyattsmusical.com/
No affiliation
Old 03-14-2015, 09:17 PM
VideoKarma Member

Wyatts Musical came through and I now have the replacement spring. Now to finish off some of the projects that have piled up. I had checked with APSCO and they were out of stock and would not be making any more until later this year. Took less than a week to get here from Wyatts in California. Excellent service.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

The spring is now in and the test run of the motor is fine. I did have to find another winding dog and spring. Now for the bad part I need the 2 screws that mount the winding shaft bracket to the bed plate. I need the 2 closest to the drum, they are the same as the ones that mount the motor to the plate. I think they are 1/4 36 screws. If anyone has a couple they could part with please let me know.
Thanks, Bill
Audiokarma
Old 04-16-2015, 08:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Any good 'ol fashion hardware store should have what you need.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

Nope. Modern screws are 1/4 20 or 1/4 28 for fine thread. You will not find these at any hardware store I have found. I think they may still be used some on aircraft and some rifles. I have not checked the gun shops yet. I am hoping that someone has a junker that has the screws I need. It may not even have to be an Edison. There are some for sale on ebay for $9.99 each. That is a little steep, but if I can't find some anywhere else that may be the only option.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:39 AM
VideoKarma Member

If your still looking for screws, any machinist can turn screws on a lathe. One of the basics that's taught in first year classes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2015, 06:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks. I have already finished the project. Came out really nice.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:38 AM
Peanut Head

Any pics that you can share with us?

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.
Audiokarma
Old 09-16-2015, 09:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celt View Post
Any pics that you can share with us?
I have a few that I made while working on it, but only this one after it was done. I also have a mp4 video file, but I can't upload it here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150620_145022.jpg (39.3 KB, 19 views)