Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Living The Draper Ethos

$10 Transoceanic H500

I picked up a rather beat up H500 at a thrift store last week. The black stag covering is ripped, and the front latch is missing, but the wavemagnet and all the accessories are still in good shape. Of course it was missing only one tube, the unobtainium IL6. I swapped in a solid state replacement I got on ebay. It worked as soon as i plugged it in. Since last week, I've done a full recap, and built a battery pack to use with it. Im having one major problem with AM reception. The hinge for the front door is loose, which causes the radio to cut in and out, as the hinge is part of the antenna. Is there any way to tighten the hinge? Or for that matter, does anyone here have a parts set with a good cabinet they'd be willing to part with? My chassis in in pristine condition, yet the cabinet looks like it has been through a war.