Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:42 PM
VideoKarma Member

Samsung 32 inch power mystery

Hi, my daughter's LCD Samsung has started to turn itself on after being turned off, and it can happen more than once in sequence. The TV is about 4 years old, and has no other problems, so far. Looking for a possible explaination.
Thanks,
Kevin
Old 05-16-2017, 06:27 AM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromberg6 View Post
Hi, my daughter's LCD Samsung has started to turn itself on after being turned off, and it can happen more than once in sequence. The TV is about 4 years old, and has no other problems, so far. Looking for a possible explaination.
Thanks,
Kevin
And I'm ...looking for possible model number. My service data is arranged by model number, and without, I'm unable to fathom a guess.

Please, without the model number, nothing can be done. Edit the title of your post to include a model number and you'll have folks jumping out with answers.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 05-16-2017, 09:23 AM
M is for Memory

Does the menu system of this set include a clock/way to use the tv as an alarm clock? It would otherwise be a long shot, but if it is a kid's set it is possible that she danced on the remote just right to set up an alarm function...If that fails Findem the model number (cause it is probably electrical).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 05-16-2017 at 09:24 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-19-2017, 08:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
And I'm ...looking for possible model number. My service data is arranged by model number, and without, I'm unable to fathom a guess.

Please, without the model number, nothing can be done. Edit the title of your post to include a model number and you'll have folks jumping out with answers.
Hi, Thanks for the reply. Model number is : UM32EH5300F. The last few times I've turned it off, I had no problem. Could be a key bounce in the remote.
Kevin
Old 06-24-2017, 04:13 PM
Banned

but usualt that willl be contant
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromberg6 View Post
Hi, my daughter's LCD Samsung has started to turn itself on after being turned off, and it can happen more than once in sequence. The TV is about 4 years old, and has no other problems, so far. Looking for a possible explanation.
Thanks,
Kevin
New EDIT :
if is not remote or timer see below . I never seen key bounce thing on a rubber dome remote but certainly I haven't seen everything and never will .usually the carbon point fails on the unresponsive rubber dome of a button or a few them ,the simple fix is homemade or ready made carbon paint on the button dome or new remote .

On operation shutdown or no power on/start if is not remote or timer or unplugged or someone missed the heat light and power bill and and it wont turn on see below, it is likely something like a power PSU /LD board DC rail or rails > faulting in an LED/LED TV or 3.3 V logic and logic feedback, noting on small TV PSU/LD can be with mainboard combined ,maybe CAPS and more or not on the faulty board ,bulged caps or not

Outside of some PC panels mostly separate boards , if its an older type CCFL panel old school LCD you may additionally have short in the DC current to AC current inverter board for the panel lamps shutting it off .(usually constant or quickly )

What one may need not my video :
DVM ( digital volt ohm meter) vdc and gnd, readings from the right boards and all this from a very skilled working tech ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH4ZQEQoErw

IMO 4 years on 32" LCD not with much over$20.00 of parts to fix 55" -65" Samsung 1080p usual VA panel, decently more $$ some of those were good 1080p LCD if they work.

Funny anecdotal Electronics Bio not about above :

If you haven't had the pleasure, you may not like going in a lethal 1960's roundy or the later CRT TV with nude pickers , touch the wrong things in there (or just near them ) and irritate the CHE` you gonna schooled about electrocution in the *HARD way you never seen outside of lethal AC current potentials, the chair ,a Sony Trinitron 50 KV or 10-15a + 100KV Iridium spark plug automobile coil that may change your life if you are still alive but most folks live to tell about it and sometimes a few times like me on most of this but wont forget what it felt like 50 yrs later

I been in those roundie color NTSC standards old dog ~ when or shortly after you could buy Roundies ,+ newer even after the early '70 s career change that paid better ,I was short timer ,but wit a formal electronics education (~3 yr. ) no E.E. sheepskin that paid well and instead after a while at lucrative factory trained automotive computer diag. I advanced to usually demanding and often exciting multi jurisdictional corporate management positions and a generous retirement && now , some of those roundies had maybe 22 vacuum tubes in something like a RCA ~ CTC 12 chassis or clone + delta gun CRT and they could put the hurt on you or frustrate you getting something to watch you could recognize on it and when you did it keeping it the same color twice the next time anybody used it for the life of the TV and I'm not sore the color TV live camera & any color broadcasting was all that stable but thats not my wheelhouse LOL.

Last edited by tubetwister; 06-25-2017 at 12:35 AM.
Audiokarma