Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

The Kingston Trio and a TK-41

Grabbed these two pix from a PBS folk song fund-raiser tonight. The Kingston Trio and a (judging from the era of the recording) TK-41 in the dark in front of the stage. Not much to look at but the PBS show is a great view of old production. I hope our west coast VK members can fill in the history of the production.

I also went the mile and bought the PBS 60's DVD set of 60's rock bands. 100 performances by the bands later in their day. Not Blu-ray but we will see when it gets here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capture_20131203_222053.jpg (28.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg capture_20131203_222100.jpg (30.0 KB, 44 views)
Old 12-04-2013, 02:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
Grabbed these two pix from a PBS folk song fund-raiser tonight. The Kingston Trio and a (judging from the era of the recording) TK-41 in the dark in front of the stage. Not much to look at but the PBS show is a great view of old production. I hope our west coast VK members can fill in the history of the production.

I also went the mile and bought the PBS 60's DVD set of 60's rock bands. 100 performances by the bands later in their day. Not Blu-ray but we will see when it gets here.
Very cool! The Kingston Trio is one of my favorites.

They probably are TK-41's as this is a clip from the Andy Williams show broadcast in Feb. of '67, so it was possibly taped in late '66 at NBC Burbank.

Here's a B&W kinescope of it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBtT9NfWtbE