Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Now that I looked more closely at that model I think it's the same one Phil has.

I had a chance to get one for $10 with the remote and I let it go, kind of wish I had gotten it.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
Now that I looked more closely at that model I think it's the same one Phil has.
Yes, you have a good memory. I have a KV-1311CR TV/monitor, which I have used almost daily since buying it new in the 1980s. A few months ago, it developed a video problem which I cured with some advice and a few new electrolytics. Replacing the caps was much easier than remembering where to plug in all the inter-board connector cables:

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/...p?f=3&t=174186

I originally bought it to use as a computer monitor. I was doing a lot of writing about computers at the time and bought the latest Commodore model before factory monitors were available. This served me well during the meantime. It was our family TV for years after that. Now, it sits on my desk in the office and plays lame movies from cable & Netflix while I putter on the computer.

It looks just like the PVM monitor, only with a little panel below the controls for the infrared remote receiver. I never watched the X Files, but now I will have to look up a couple of episodes.

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html

Old 08-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Phil, that one is what I saw at the thrift, the cover over the IR sensor was missing and I figured I'd never find one so I passed.

Also I dropped the remote (in the store ) and it flew into about four pieces, I put it back together but there was a chip out of it after that, whoops.