Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi all from an Old TV guy

Hey folks! I am a "retired" TV and electronics guy from about year 2002. I worked for a large company, started in '86 and ran through until shortly after 911. Most of my professional work was on solid state stuff, very little tube stuff. I know Sears sets of the era mid 1970's until they quit making them in the middle '90's or so. I have always had an unusual love for tube TV's from the 50's and '60's, even before it was a thing to restore. I also like radios, HiFi, phonographs and so on. I played with that stuff a lot, could pick up stuff from curbs and garage sales pretty easy, and had some hand me downs.

Anyway, I gave it up until about 5 years ago when I found I could get parts, tubes and especially support. I have set up a place to work, have a lot of test equipment restored and have been working on several projects. I will start posting about my 1st TV restoration, a Craftsmen RC200 (201) that I am about midway through. Sync problems ...

I really enjoy reading about folks experience and have a few pretty special sets I want to restore once I have practiced on a few lesser ones. I have a Zenith Porthole, Predicta Siesta, RCA Darcy, and a RCA black and white round(ie). I have one very special Zenith from 1953 that I have owned longer than the original owner did when she bought it new! Anyway, I look forward to getting to know all of you! I may know some of you from ARF and Philco Phorum.

Tim
Old 03-25-2020, 11:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sounds like you will fit in very well here. Welcome.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hello! I'm right down the road in Lawrenceville. If you ever need the oddball RCA or Motorola part (and some Philco Zenith etc.) send me a note. I've got 60 years worth of TV stock which I will never use.
Dan
Old 03-26-2020, 08:16 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks Yare! It's good to know we have a fellow hobbiest nearby. We should meet once this Corona thing has passed for a cup of coffee
Old 03-26-2020, 08:35 AM
VideoKarma Member

Ill also add that I have some VCR experience. I serviced a lot of those back in the late '80's and early 90's. I wont pretend to know everything, but I do have experience on some oddball problems.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:14 AM
I like....big sparks!!

Welcome to VK!

Ham shack...AM side: Knight-Kit T-60, RME-45
Vintage SSB side: National 200
Modern SSB: Kenwood TS-180S
MFJ tuner, 130' dipole
Old 03-26-2020, 11:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Know anything about repairing old Technics cassette decks? I have an RS-279us deck with busted belts and an electronic problem.