Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2016, 11:20 AM
VideoKarma Member

'96 60" Hitatchi Ultravision Convergance Issue 60SX12B

I acquired this TV yesterday ($50 delivered) with "The colors are a bit screwy you will need to adjust it." but what I am experiencing is a total convergence failure. I have the service manual and have diagnosed (I'm pretty sure) a failed "Digital Convergence Unit" and have found a replacement for $75.

I was wondering if anyone else had any other ideas that could get me out of paying that $75. Is there a part of the DCU that is prone to fail? A cap or resistor? Is there possible a way to physically adjust the convergence? The CRT's are on spring loaded bolts, but something tells me not to touch them. I have checked for physical damage that may have occurred during delivery and can't find any besides a broken caster.

Otherwise the picture on this one is very bright and clear, not like the washed out looking big screens you needed to be 30' away from that I remember people having at the time.

This leads me to believe that this TV will last a while and may be worth the repair,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitachi-Ultr...AAAOSw-ndTozq6
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160626_115054.jpg (40.2 KB, 65 views)