Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2018, 09:32 PM
M is for Memory

scored a Packard Bell roundy today

Me and a friend took my suburban to Chicago to make a TV run. The one he wanted was a bust thanks to a lazy seller (we did find some other stuff he wanted), but the Packard Bell I wanted turned out to be a winner. I've only seen pictures of these sets before. They are built like a Zenith from an alternate universe where Zenith never gave up on the upright doughnut chassis that techs hated in the mid-50s. Somehow the set works more or less decently as is. I need to retest the CRT...I did a crude field test of it in the burban with my tester on an inverter, and the results were kinda weird....Meanwhile my friend was freaking out over the suspicious characters wandering about in the crummy neighborhood where we were waiting for the flake that never showed up... Glad I wasn't the one that suggested going there.

Edit: after some techinical confision here are my dim smartassphone pics of the variac results.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 03-31-2018 at 09:47 PM.