Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2013, 09:22 PM
RCA 741PCS

Motorola 7VT3 restoration

While waiting for some mica caps for my 630TS to arrive, I spent a couple days on this recent craigslist find. When I saw the photo in the listing, I assumed it was the black 7VT2 bakelite 7" set. So I was a bit surprised to discover it was actually brown when I went to check it out. I believe that makes it a model 7VT3. The back is missing so I'm not 100% sure.

3/4 of the hard to find gold knobs and an undamaged cabinet where enough to sell me on it.
I borrowed the fine tuning knob from another set for the photo.

The chassis is stamped TS-18 with a date of Nov 16, 1949. Someone write tube designators all over it but two appear to be incorrect. They specify 6CB6 while the label inside the cabinet shows 6AU6

A few caps have been replaced.

Also, some resistors associated with the vertical height and centering. That 68K in the foreground should be a 2.2M and the other 68K should be 4.7M.
More on that later...

All the tubes were present including the ballast so I gave it a controller power up. A bit of fiddling got me sound decent sound and a faint raster.