Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2011, 11:55 PM
M is for Memory

EM has saved a Magnovox console form a local thrift

Today a Magnovox console showed up at the local thrift store for 40$ and despite being told earlier by my folks that I've blown all money and space for this sort of thing they still bought it for me when I asked without any begging on my part.

Here she is, my first maggie.

The amp chassis looks impressive! With four output tubes driveing one channel of audio being feed to two gynormous identical speakers I'm positively drooling over the mere tought of how it will sound once restored!

This thing is my first multi-chassis radio console, and it has not two, but three chassis! They are AM/SW radio, FM radio, and audio AMP.

I almost dammaged the door trying to open it before locating the somewhat hidden latch button on the side.

The phono is not original (in case anyone missed that), but is a newer VM unit, and came with the 45 changer spindle and a complete spare needle and cartridge.

Sorry about the crappy shots of the back. This thing is darned heavy and got moved to it's temporary resting place in the garage after rearranging the better part of the extremely heavy crap that resides there. When I took those pictures I had (sorta still do) a powerfull back ache and felt 30 times more spiteful than sandyg. I felt like, but refrained from busting a 60's Zenith TV cart that keept falling apart due to a nut that refused to stay put. I literally did a two man job single handedly in less than half the time it should of got done in (with two people).

I haven't the foggyest idea what it is worth and hope I did not over spend, and have some head room to flip it if I need to. I badly want to keep it, but don't know what the future may bring.

I now welcome all questions, comments and info(including the contact info of a good masage place/chiropracor).

The utterly destroyed Tom C.