Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-10-2016, 07:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

I didn't know that Wells-Gardner built the thing for Wards, but it's plain to see that the thing was built with the utmost of quality. I really hope I can get this thing going. Thanks to all for the comments. Btw, I did pull the rectifier and threw about 70 volts to it and after a few minutes the pilot lamps start flickering and the tranny heats fairly quickly to eventually smoke. It's toast! I hope I can find one reasonable.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:14 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubejunke View Post
I didn't know that Wells-Gardner built the thing for Wards, but it's plain to see that the thing was built with the utmost of quality.
Now in the future you'll know that the "WG" in any Airline radio model number means Wells-Gardner built it. If it had "BR" in the model, it would have been built by Belmont Radio. Also, the "14" in the model number identifies it as a 1941 model.