Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Danny in Cleveland

Sylvania 6313CG Cheap-O Combo Question

Hi All
My buddy gave me this less than 4 year old Sylvania model 6313CG, TV VCR combo. to lok at for him. I won't even dream of trying to fix the VCR in it. The VCR will not stay in the stop mode. It goes from stop to Rewind to eject & the tape door does a flip then back to stop then repeats the cycle over & over as long as the set is on. However, as a monitor it would be OK. Is there a way to by-pass the VCR & just use the monitor? It would be a usable monitor if the VCR would just stay off without the VCR display messages on the screen. I don't have the service schematic for this one. Does Sam's Photofacts still even print such data anymore? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Danny in Cleveland
Old 05-07-2010, 10:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

You might play around with or bypass the mode switch. If you've got what I think you have, it may be more labor intensive than it's worth just to pull everything apart in order to do anything with it. I've had several of these combo units where the TV would shut off if the VCR mechanism was not right. Sometimes, I was able to fake them into staying on and other times I had no luck. Most of the newer ones, like what you have, that I get end up going to the trash. There always seems to be problems with the VCR mechanism, the power supply, or sweep circuits. And, the parts are very underated in these sets.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Convergence freak!

As long as the sets staying on you're good to go. But I bet the VCR barrage mechanism will eventually breakdon and the set will go into shutdown. I remember bypassing the photosensors. Think that did the trick on a magnaxox DVD/VCR/tv combo