Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:30 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Anybody See "Young Sheldon" Last Nite ?

After that TEARFUL farewell to "The Big Bang Theory", anybody see "Young Sheldon" afterwards ? And if you did, did you get a load of the shortwave Radio Memaw's Main Squeeze, that wonderful actor, Wallace Shawn, gave to Sheldon ? Methinks it was a Hallicrafters of late Forties/Fifties vintage, altho w/my Cataracts, & the fact they didn't really show a GOOD pic of it, I couldn't tell. Halli made quite a few "Civilian" type radios, their looks didn't betray the fact they were pretty sophisticated shortwave sets. Always tickles me when someone who don't know diddleysquat about shortwave tries to write about it-Sheldon was going on about a "Time Station" in Toronto. I think they were trying to refer to CHU, Canada's time station, & sorry, it ain't in Toronto...They're in Ottawa, nimrods.. But I'd advise Sheldon to STAY AWAY from CHU... It started a similarly aged young boy in NE Tennessee about 1970 on a long, dark road to SWL obsession, that eventually included a boatload of boatanchors, all manner of paraphernalia & so forth. That strange Lorelei "Beep, Beep, Beep" didn't help either.... (Grin)
Old 05-18-2019, 08:03 AM
VideoKarma Member

https://antiqueradios.com/forums/vie...p?f=1&t=359046
Old 05-18-2019, 10:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

Yes, saw that episode of Young Sheldon last night. Four stars.
CHU's management may be in Ottawa, but I believe they are transmitting from a small piece of land adjoining what used to be Radio Canada International's Sackville, New Brunswick site.

Let me mention that IMHO, Young Sheldon is the best new sitcom in many years. The lighting and cinematography are first rate, the stories well-written, and the presentation isn't so "in your face" as most modern shows are -many newer sitcoms are full of noise for the sake of noise.

Last edited by Robert Grant; 05-18-2019 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Spelling correction us -> is
Old 05-18-2019, 03:05 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Well, given the number of replies on that "Antique Radios" forum, I wasn't the ONLY "Uber-Nerd" all hot & bothered by Sheldon's radio...