Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-08-2005, 09:44 PM
<--1956 300B

polaraman is back from the trip. I came back with a truck load of goodies. Got a B/W 1958 RCA remote control set and a 17" 1954 RCA set at the convention. I travelled to Long Island NY to get the CTC 15 I bought off ebay. I bought another color roundie Maggie from him. Then it was off to ChuckA's house to pick up the RCA 630TCS he had for sale. Then I get home and there is a HUGE Moto combo on my doorstep. I put that in the rectangular section. The convention was worth the trip. Next year I think I will arrive on Friday. I drove all night long to get there. That way I will be rested and able to enjoy the convention. Met a lot of nice folks. Nice to put a face with a name.

I also stopped by Moyer's Electronics in Sunbury, Pennsylvania. Got the tour of the stash in the back room. This was only one of their three locations. They have a lot of stuff there. I had a wish list of stuff I wanted. They had some of it at that location. They are going to search the other locations for the rest. They would be in my back yard if I move back home. At least they will now know me when I call them.

polaraman

Last edited by polaraman; 05-08-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:06 PM
heathkit tv

I'm 39 (and holding)......oh, Rochester!

Anthony
Old 05-14-2005, 01:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

Rich, COOL!!!! Nice haul AND going to Moyers. I deal with the people at the Sunbury location and they seem so nice. Is their location very large? Also was curious... when you bring back all your stuff do you cover with a tarp, or do you just hope for no rain? You always get the BEST stuff. If you're ever in the Omaha area stiop over and I will send a few things home with you!
Old 05-14-2005, 01:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

your still older than me
Old 05-14-2005, 11:33 PM
heathkit tv

Perhaps, after all.....I do know the correct use of the word "you're" verus "your"

Anthony
Audiokarma
Old 05-14-2005, 11:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Everybody is a critic.

Just when you make good, you get crapped on.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

I forgot to mention, you are not funny.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

Keep your chin up and stick with it Mbates. School and old TVs. You will find people of all ages in our hobby. I am 35 which isnt real old. Somewhere in the middle. You and I both can say we werent born yet when most of our interests were new. I'm real glad a younger man is learning electronics instead of becoming a software jockey and calling his self a tech. Most of those guys cant even use a VOM and dont know even basic electrical theory. Sad!!

Tube
Old 05-15-2005, 01:27 AM
heathkit tv

Mbates, you're taking my joshing to heart....the "" should've been an indicator that I was just busting your chops.

But since you feel that way may I humbly suggest that you do make a concerted effort to use the correct form as so many people nowadays seem to have gotten very lazy in this respect and it does tend to make the reader form a lower opinion of the author....not a slam in the least directed at you, just an observation, and one which will help you in the professional arena where something as minor as this may be the thing that gets you the job versus the other guy.

Anthony
Old 05-15-2005, 05:18 AM
15GP22 demo @ ETF 2007

Quote: "...make a concerted effort to use the correct form as so many people nowadays seem to have gotten very lazy in this respect and it does tend to make the reader form a lower opinion of the author...."

Good advice, I'd say. Conversely, the ability to use the correct form of something as basic as a pronoun can, in effect, send a 'coded' message to an educated person that says more about you than anyone else in a crowd of applicants applying for the same job.

You're still younger than I.

petededitor

Last edited by Pete Deksnis; 05-15-2005 at 05:26 AM.
Audiokarma
Old 05-15-2005, 08:10 AM
<-- Me and my "first" TV

Anthony:

But he may be better-looking than you!
P.S. And he's NOT from San Francisco!
P.P.S. I think you're very funny, I'll have to remember to tell you a story about that.

Pete:

And you're still OLDER than me, so thanks for making me feel a little better!

--Dave
Old 05-15-2005, 09:51 AM
VideoKarma Member

LOL. come on guys. LOL. now, those guys are funny.

Your right tube, most people are software techies now-a-day.

Me, I can do several things, extensive board-level repair of LCD/DLP projectors that I have no service information on, programming visual basic, A+, Inet+ certified, and I can do HVAC, along with fixing car engines - The sad part about this is, I don't have a drivers license, or drive. But I can fix them. trick of all trades you can say.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:46 PM
heathkit tv

Driver's licenses are overrated.....cars drive fine without them! Hell, I've been driving since I was 5 years old...my dad put me on his lap and I held the wheel. Real world experience beats out 'book lernin' in my book any day.

How's that go? Jack of all trades, master of none? LOL

Anthony
Old 05-15-2005, 06:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

you know, your really pissing me off.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:04 AM
heathkit tv

You know what? You need to get your head straight, I'm not insulting you but you're pretty thin skinned and taking everything I say the wrong way.

GET A GRIP, not everything is about you.

I'm done with coddling you, if I were in fact busting your balls you would REALLY know it as I can be more scathing than probably anyone you've ever met. You seem incapable of reading what's written without twisting it around, I nor anyone else can be held responsible for your disjointed thought process.

GROW UP

Last edited by heathkit tv; 05-16-2005 at 01:10 AM.
Audiokarma