Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-14-2020, 06:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

$20,000 recordio

Anyone interested in a $40 recordio for $20,000?? This guy is for real!! He also says it's an unbelievable once in a lifetime rare find!! I think I have found the one who was born yesterday and check out his other "rare" items as well. He calls himself "awesome deals".

Perhaps there is another village idiot buyer out there and I think it's time to clean out my closet!!!

I'd like to send him an email of how he determined this value but from an idiot, all you will get is an idiot answer. If any of you do so, I would like to hear the reply. I also don't get the .01 after every price he puts on his prices. I want so bad to send him a message that he needs to check himself into a drug rehab. Also check out his $50 typewriter for over $1400. And the radios too!

His other mistake is that it is NOT a 45 RPM player.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Federal-Rec...sAAOSwPPFcQoJH

Last edited by julianburke; 12-22-2020 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 07:28 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianburke View Post
Anyone interested in a $40 recordio for $20,000?? He also says it's an unbelievable once in a lifetime rare find!! I think I have found the one who was born yesterday and check out his other "rare" items as well.

I think it's time to clean out my closet!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Federal-Rec...sAAOSwPPFcQoJH
Wow, I'm rich! My Recordio (cost me $40 back in 2005) is one of the table models with the rare factory stand and it has its owners manual and a stock of blank discs and cutting styli...way rarer than his fake Braun made knock off Recordio....Time to list mine for 40K.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 12-15-2020, 05:14 AM
VideoKarma Member

I don't how someone using the Net to sell something, cannot do a quick search on the item they have. Actually I do know how! They "feel" they have something very valuable and put blinders on to the actual average selling price.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:39 AM
VideoKarma Member

Well, Just don't let that one get away!!

Some years ago I went to an estate sale that the guy was perhaps a jack of all trades. You know, warts removed, barber, teeth pulled and oh yes-radio repairman.

He had a stack of old test equipment in very rough shape. He looked at me and said I know what that stuff is worth! I'll let you have it all for $1500!! ---with a straight face and he was serious. I still would have refused if he paid me to take it!

I just said "no, I'm just here for the junk. For $50 I ended up with a Zenith Walton set (rough) a 8TS30 RCA TV and a huge box of tubes +!

Yeah, I showed him alright how to get rid of junk!!
Old 12-15-2020, 10:18 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianburke View Post
Well, Just don't let that one get away!!

Some years ago I went to an estate sale that the guy was perhaps a jack of all trades. You know, warts removed, barber, teeth pulled and oh yes-radio repairman.

He had a stack of old test equipment in very rough shape. He looked at me and said I know what that stuff is worth! I'll let you have it all for $1500!! ---with a straight face and he was serious. I still would have refused if he paid me to take it!

I just said "no, I'm just here for the junk. For $50 I ended up with a Zenith Walton set (rough) a 8TS30 RCA TV and a huge box of tubes +!

Yeah, I showed him alright how to get rid of junk!!
That guy sure didn't know which way was up.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma
Old 12-15-2020, 10:21 AM
VideoKarma Member

I know the feeling, I was taught early on that when you want to sell something that you aren't sure on a value on, you are supposed to look at the sold/completed listings on ebay and that's how you determine an approximate price for your item, because you're looking for the price that people are willing to pay, not what people think that they will get (active listings with no bids and high asking prices), I think a few ebay sellers should learn that trick...
Old 12-15-2020, 09:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

$50 for a Walton? That was robbery! :-)