Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2015, 05:58 AM
<-- CSXT 6038, EMD GP40-2

Saw this coming a mile away

Welp, it finally happened. I went to my local Goodwill store on Saturday to make a rare TV donation, and they refused to take the set. This has changed since the last time I was there, which was less than a month ago. The set in question was a 1997 25" Sanyo that I had gone through and cleaned up; other than having a tired CRT, it worked fine. I ended up giving the TV to a couple of older ladies in the parking lot who needed a TV, go figure. Inside the store, there wasn't a single TV of any type on the shelves. Gee, I wonder why! Nobody is going to donate a working flat panel TV they can sell easily for a profit. This means that my area is now one of a growing number of places where a person or family that's down on their money can no longer buy a cheap, working TV from Goodwill. This also leaves me wondering how I can re-home working sets I don't want or need, as the other large local thrift store actively disposes of donated TVs. I am at a loss; obviously I have issues with curbing working TVs. It all makes me pretty sad...