Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-16-2003, 04:15 AM
<----Zenith C845

Another Zenith K731 puzzler

Hi all.

I have a Zenith K-731 AM/FM radio. Am wondering in what year it was introduced. Most antique radio sites say 1959-1960, but I recently had an email from another collector (in response to my request for a schematic, service info, etc.) in which he said the Sams Photofact for this model was dated 1963. Which is correct? Personally, I'd say mine is from '63, given the absence of CD indicators on the AM dial scale (the Conelrad warning system was replaced by EBS in '63).

BTW: The Zenith Oracle site is currently offline due to being updated. I have no idea when it will be operational again.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

Keep in mind that there can be several different Photofact editions for a very popular model, as it receives slight changes over its production life (in TV's, the RCA CTC-38, for example, is one example of an enduring popular model that has received upgrades to the circuitry through its production life and therefore had several Photofacts numbers on it.) I can try checking my photofact index and see what the earliest date is for the Zenith.