Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:37 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3XWT View Post
"but those few misguided stations that chose to remain on the VHF bands are now impossible to get even with the biggest VHF mid-band that I can get my hands on, and those two problem stations are CBS (WUSA) and ABC (WJLA)."

At my current QTH in Virginia, on a clear day I can stand on my roof and see the tower at 4010 Chesapeake St. N.W. (the site for WJLA and WUSA) and not receive either one on the portable DTV set I'm holding while standing there...

ATSC? The electronic equivalent of replacing a late 1930's Packard with a rusted-out Yugo...
What is your QTH? (Street address or lat/lon)
Old 05-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3XWT View Post
"but those few misguided stations that chose to remain on the VHF bands are now impossible to get even with the biggest VHF mid-band that I can get my hands on, and those two problem stations are CBS (WUSA) and ABC (WJLA)."

At my current QTH in Virginia, on a clear day I can stand on my roof and see the tower at 4010 Chesapeake St. N.W. (the site for WJLA and WUSA) and not receive either one on the portable DTV set I'm holding while standing there...

ATSC? The electronic equivalent of replacing a late 1930's Packard with a rusted-out Yugo...
Choosing to move to VHF-11 and 13 were WBRE and WYOU in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, where all the analogs were UHF, these two had the BEST signals

But now digital, WNEP rocks on UHF 50, WVIA and WOLF OK on 41 and 45 respectively...but
Guess which two are extremely unstable at our trailer 38 miles away?

Last edited by DavGoodlin; 05-31-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: station info