Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2023, 09:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

GE 805 Focus Coil Question

I just acquired a chassis for the 805 but the bracket for the focus coil mount had been ripped off the yoke surround. It was held by 3 rivets. I repaired and reattached the coil bracket but it required an almost complete disassembly of the coil/yoke bracketing assembly.

I'm taking a different approach to my restorations. Instead of the capacitor shotgun, I'm attempting to do as much as I can to see what's possible on original components where that can be done without risking unobtanium parts. The 805 does not have a power transformer and is series string. I brought it up through the dim bulb steps and I have sound and HV but no light on the screen. The 10BP4 has an ion trap. I think I'm working with 2 variables and that always creates a bunch of possibilities...the position of the focus coil (no original reference since it was removed and a multi position range of motion) and the ion trap. Does anyone have any information specific to the 805 or know of a methodology as to where to start this process of finding the sweet spot for both of these? Or am I wrong and these 2 hardware pieces have nothing to do with one another as far as producing light on the screen?

Thanks!

Chris