Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:11 AM
VideoKarma Member

I was probably editing while you posted -- I added one comment above mentioning that the flyback heating occurs whether the 3A3 is connected or not, so it seems to rule out something loading the HV as a cause. I had also tried pulling the anode cap off the 6BD4 earlier, and that didn't affect the low HV.

I'm encouraged to hear that CT-100 flybacks rarely burn up, so perhaps that means the likelihood of someone having a good one on a junker chassis is better than zero.

I most likely will need one of John's transformers, but I figure I don't really need it until I get the flyback situation sorted out.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:15 AM
15GP22 demo @ ETF 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Albrecht View Post
...the flyback heating occurs whether the 3A3 is connected or not, so it seems to rule out something loading the HV as a cause.
True Tom, but the 1X2B is still in the circuit, which drives the focus circuit, which is why Nick is so adamant about replacing the convergence transformer. One never knows for sure what is wrong until it's fixed of course...

Pete

Tom, I just read your latest post. Yes, I agree that removing the focus rectifier should remove a convergence transformer short from the flyback; I did not see a 1X2B reference earlier in the thread.

Last edited by Pete Deksnis; 11-13-2013 at 11:19 AM.