Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-29-2005, 07:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Corrections to my CTC-5 Info

Well, I took the back off the ctc-5 today and there inside was the SAMS and some paperwork I had put inside. Looks like I got it in january 1979 not 89 (boy how time passes). I even kept a log of what I did to it (had total brain fade on ever having done anyhing to that set); I did replace a bunch of caps and resistors and some tubes, the wire and cap for I believe the Horiz. Output tube. According to my notes the flyback was bad so was in process of getting it ready to replace that; I never ordered one for some reason, probably got too busy with other things. So thats where that stands. According to the notes the set was totally dead when I got it, no tubes even lighting up so went thru the power supply first, replaced some parts and eventually got the tubes to light up but still no picture or sound. So started going thru the rest of the set at that point. I think I felt lucky way back then to get it that far but thats how it stands with the CTC5. Guess my next step may be to locate a flyback. At least i found all those notes and still have no recollection of even working on that set; thats what 38 years of doing television does to one's brain I guess.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

I would recheck the dead flyback diagnosis. Is it visibly burned up? IF not, check for continuity with an ohmeter....if continuous, maybe it is not the flyback....?
Old 10-30-2005, 06:24 AM
VideoKarma Member

Ctc-5

Thanks; will do that; first have to find my test equipment; have been in this house almost 2 years and still have unpacked boxes; it's called combining 2 houses into one. then creating a space to work on it. Can't even get my car in the oversize 2-car garage right now. Am quite anxious to delve back into it though.