Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

I wish we had swap meets like that in Aus. Very slim pickings here WRT vintage TV.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:58 PM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by irext View Post
I wish we had swap meets like that in Aus. Very slim pickings here WRT vintage TV.
If only we could take our sets on a cross-country tour like a circus, my area sucks for buyers, so I get all bargains when they show up on CL or free at the curb. My nearest TV-collecting friends are in neighboring states of Maryland, Virginia, New York and Jersey of course.

I take TVs to my local 2x a year radio swap meet and sometimes I actually sell one. Some stand holders have a couple of TVs that are way more collectible but I bring the most

That Admiral is exactly the kind of TV I love to add to my collection, though some here prefer table-top post war sets.
Old 02-24-2018, 05:23 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irext View Post
I hear ya! Here we have no clubs, no swap meets, no nothing. If I had been at that event all the photos are from I would have wound up having to bring a container back to Barcelona and some explaining to do once it got here. Our only real options are "vintage" websites and ebay, both of which are populated by sellers who want 450€ for early-70s junk, and the occasional old tube sets.

Sometimes I wonder if it would be worth trying to start a Europe-wide meet once a year or something...
Old 02-24-2018, 08:33 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanInSitges View Post
I hear ya! Here we have no clubs, no swap meets, no nothing. If I had been at that event all the photos are from I would have wound up having to bring a container back to Barcelona and some explaining to do once it got here. Our only real options are "vintage" websites and ebay, both of which are populated by sellers who want 450€ for early-70s junk, and the occasional old tube sets.

Sometimes I wonder if it would be worth trying to start a Europe-wide meet once a year or something...
I wonder what European club this fellow is bragging about..." I went to a special meeting of a radio club in central Europe in 2007 and true they had 3,890 members and it was nothing for 600 to 700 + to turn up to a meeting!"

That was a quote from this thread on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1816...1740462092388/

Old 02-24-2018, 08:40 AM
VideoKarma Member

Here are a couple pictures of sets I sold on Craigslist a few years back, just to make some room. More than half of them were working.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4098a.jpg (80.6 KB, 53 views)
Audiokarma
Old 02-24-2018, 01:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

Beautiful!
Old 02-24-2018, 09:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Soooo jealous!!