Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Hannover, Germany (..where PAL was born! - so Telefunken said)
Too much time at the Weekend:Website launched! Any Comment?

Hi.
After I just showed my cameras pictures on Flickr, I thought it might be a good idea to start that webside thing finally. And as the weather was bad this weekend, I did it.
Well, here it is: www.engcameracollection.com.

No camera data yet, no stories about the models uploaded and another 80 cameras are waiting for their photo call and the upload.

Maybe you do have some ideas what to improve what to add and what to drop, please fell free to leave a comment either here or on the website.

And please be generous with me, I know my English is not the best, but l'm constantly working on it..

Best, Stefan
Old 11-19-2015, 09:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi Stefan,

I think that is going to be a wonderful web site. The basic design is excellent and the pictures seem to be true works of art. I tried viewing it with Chrome and it did some odd things. Chrome doesn't always play well with others. I'll try it again with Internet Explorer and/or Firefox. I will bet my results will be different. I'll let you know. Thanks for putting this on line!

Chuck Conrad
Texas Museum of Broadcasting & Communications
www.txmbc.org
Old 11-20-2015, 03:29 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for the great site . I agree about the Sony BVP 330 Camera . I have a triax version and after all these years still puts out great vision !
Old 11-20-2015, 06:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Stefan, I just tried the web site using Internet Explorer. Although it displays very nicely, Microsoft keeps popping up screens accusing the site of Phishing. I don't think it is, but they aren't making life easy. I thought you'd want to know.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:21 PM
M is for Memory

I run Firefox with no script, and find the number of off site scripts needed to get it to display close to correct rather annoying.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma
Old 11-21-2015, 10:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for your help!

Hi guys!
Thanks a lot for doing my job, that had to be of course checking the websites performance with other browsers displaying it - before putting it online.
Well.. too late!

As I was using WIX as the websites platform (I'm absolute dummy in therms of HTML etc.) So I need to rely on WIX doing the right thing and not starting any phishing action and other not-so-nice thing as not needed scripts etc.
I reported my side at goolge as "not phishing" using a link from WIX, I hope it does help..
As there is not that much stuff on my sides that are "doing" anything at all (only a counter, a few links and the "leave a comment" page) I wonder what has caused the massage, but, as I said: I'm a dummy, I have no idea what can go on "behind the curtain" of a website.

@Electronic M:
Sorry 'still trying to understand the massage.
Is it: "..If the phishing alert goes on it will do so for a reason?" And by that it means "Yes, there is in fact something wrong with your website"?

So if I want to get rid of theses "off side scrips": How can I do so? What typically causes this messages?

Thanks for your help on that.

Best, Stefan
Old 11-21-2015, 10:38 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hello Chuck!
Special thanks to you, not only because of your kind words about the launch, but also because of your work, your museum, your great and enormous website.
Of course, I watched how the "Texas bucket" hit you and had to pause it many times to check what is to be seen in the background. Wow - that really is a kind of a reference! Is that a TK-76 up there on the gallery? - There were not so many cameras made with a blue body.
Oh sorry, there are of course much more rare and more special cameras to be found in your display (the huge studio super orthicon cameras e.g.) it's just that the TK is the next thing I am after..
And if that would be an 47, it'll be fine, too. One of the very few U.S. Studio cameras that was ever been sold to a German TV Station, the ZDF bought many of them in 1980 (or so). I really like it's unusual design, especially the shape of the body.

I think I have a new favorite place to visit on my next (and first) stay in Texas. The Houston Space center and the Alamo now are on two and three..

And its not only what is to be seen inside, even your building is (..will be) very stylish.
Will that be more Art Deco like, in Miami, or is it more "Bauhaus style".
Anyway, it is going to look great!

Best, Stefan

Last edited by dauberich; 11-21-2015 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:33 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauberich View Post
@Electronic M:
Sorry 'still trying to understand the massage.
Is it: "..If the phishing alert goes on it will do so for a reason?" And by that it means "Yes, there is in fact something wrong with your website"?

So if I want to get rid of theses "off side scrips": How can I do so? What typically causes this messages?

Thanks for your help on that.

Best, Stefan
I did not notice anything like a phishing warning.

Off site scripts are scripts that do not originate from the URL of the site you are visiting. For instance Videokarma.org has some scripts needed for it to display correctly, it also has scripts from Google_____.com (god only knows what they do), and skimresources.com (turns certain words typed like "Sony" and "Ebay" into advertisement links). Most sites only 'need' the scripts associated with their URL to work the rest of the scripts being associated with adware, junkware and sometimes viruses (hence why I block scripts).

From what I understand scripts are essentially small programs sent to make functionality of sites work....I'd like to give you a better description, but I've never built a web site or delved into that sort of thing before....I'm just a user.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 11-21-2015, 02:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauberich View Post
Hello Chuck!
Special thanks to you, not only because of your kind words about the launch, but also because of your work, your museum, your great and enormous website.
Of course, I watched how the "Texas bucket" hit you and had to pause it many times to check what is to be seen in the background. Wow - that really is a kind of a reference! Is that a TK-76 up there on the gallery? - There were not so many cameras made with a blue body.
Oh sorry, there are of course much more rare and more special cameras to be found in your display (the huge studio super orthicon cameras e.g.) it's just that the TK is the next thing I am after..
And if that would be an 47, it'll be fine, too. One of the very few U.S. Studio cameras that was ever been sold to a German TV Station, the ZDF bought many of them in 1980 (or so). I really like it's unusual design, especially the shape of the body.

I think I have a new favorite place to visit on my next (and first) stay in Texas. The Houston Space center and the Alamo now are on two and three..

And its not only what is to be seen inside, even your building is (..will be) very stylish.
Will that be more Art Deco like, in Miami, or is it more "Bauhaus style".
Anyway, it is going to look great!

Best, Stefan
The building was originally constructed in 1950 to house "Center Chevrolet," a 1950's style auto dealership. I'm not sure what it's architectural style is called, but it is pretty typical of 1950's American commercial architecture. It just needs a '57 Chevy convertible gracing the showroom.

One of the good things about the building is it's location. It is in the downtown area, just a quick walk to several good restaurants, quite a few antique and gift shops, as well as a couple of other interesting museums. Another historical museum is supposed to open within the next year or so, just a couple of blocks away.

As for cameras, there are two RCA TK-47's in the collection as well as a pair of RCA TK-60's. There are also quite a few DuMont, GE, Marconi, Hitachi, Ikegami and Sony cameras. There are even a few odd balls like a Dage and a Diamond. I don't think the Texas Bucket List showed the video tape room, but we have 2", 1" 3/4" and various 1/2" formats. Most of them work! There is also a GE color film chain as well as a DuMont color film chain (which is a real odd duck - I didn't even know DuMont ventured into color until this thing surfaced). Moving and setting up all this stuff and getting it to work (at least some of it) is going to be a huge undertaking. But it will be fun....
Old 11-21-2015, 09:14 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I did not notice anything like a phishing warning.

Off site scripts are scripts that do not originate from the URL of the site you are visiting. For instance Videokarma.org has some scripts needed for it to display correctly, it also has scripts from Google_____.com (god only knows what they do), and skimresources.com (turns certain words typed like "Sony" and "Ebay" into advertisement links). Most sites only 'need' the scripts associated with their URL to work the rest of the scripts being associated with adware, junkware and sometimes viruses (hence why I block scripts).

From what I understand scripts are essentially small programs sent to make functionality of sites work....I'd like to give you a better description, but I've never built a web site or delved into that sort of thing before....I'm just a user.
Google ads runs the scripts - it helps to pay for V-K. GoogleBot may run on javascript - it indexes all the posts to make V-K appear in Google search results. And then there is Google Analytics - helps the webmaster deal with demographics (where, when, and who) to better aim the Google adwords and to improve the site, and also to help in the case of script injection (rare here because of the simplicity) or Denial-of-Service attacks (shut off offending IP addresses that continuously load/reload the page, tying up server resources).

This message brought to you by Google Webmaster Tools(TM)

Google - it's everywhere it wants to be.....
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Audiokarma