Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:15 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hello! Advent anyone?

Hello all, I'm Matt from Maine. I have enjoyed doing repairs and rewiring projects on stereos and electronics for some time now. Unfortunately, I am moving and need to thin out my collections. This seems to be a great community of hobbyists and I figured if anyone can use this, I would find them here.

I have an Advent Video Beam 1000 projection unit that I was given by some friends when they moved, I actually saved it from going into a dumpster on the off chance that someone would be able to use it for parts or get it working again.
The family I got it from had used it regularly for movie nights a few years prior. Unfortunately, after about 20 minutes of running the unit and getting the grids aligned, there was a funny smell and it shut off. Haven’t played around with it since.
If someone can take this and use it for parts, I would feel a lot better than dropping it at the dump.
I also have the 6 foot screen and legs as well. Hopefully someone can find some use for this.
Please message me with any questions.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:59 AM
I like....big sparks!!

Welcome to VK! Hopefully one of the members will chime in regarding the problem with your free Advent...let's see what happens

Ham shack...AM side: Knight-Kit T-60, RME-45
Vintage SSB side: National 200
Modern SSB: Kenwood TS-180S
MFJ tuner, 130' dipole