Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:10 PM
M is for Memory

Viewsonic pj350 projector won't stay on

I've pressed this projector into service for the last 9 days, and it was doing well until yesterday when it came on normally, ran for about a minute, seemed to get brighter, then quit with the power light blinking faster than the normal standby blink.
Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with it?

This projector is what has been making my spare computer bearable to use while my laptop is being serviced.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 06-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Sounds like the light bulb burned out.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:59 PM
M is for Memory

But it still comes on and displays an image....It just won't stay on for over a minute. Also when it goes out it won't power back on unless unplugged for few seconds.

Old 06-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
But it still comes on and displays an image....It just won't stay on for over a minute. Also when it goes out it won't power back on unless unplugged for few seconds.
Oh OK.. I did not understand that from your original description what happened "ran for about a minute, seemed to get brighter, then quit with the power light blinking faster".
Old 06-02-2015, 04:36 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Tx View Post
Oh OK.. I did not understand that from your original description what happened "ran for about a minute, seemed to get brighter, then quit with the power light blinking faster".
I was a bit terse since I was being hurried to go to lunch. It does about the same thing each time it is powered on.

Audiokarma
Old 08-01-2015, 01:19 AM
Banned

Viewsonic didn't make the most reliable of projectors (I've heard many a horror story about viewsonic LCD Projectors that had issues with the power supplies and or with the LCD panels in them going bad after not even 3 or 4 years of use and that they are more expensive to repair said issues with them than to just buy a new LCD Projector, in my experience in the LCD Projector world the best LCD Projectors I've worked with and found to be extremely reliable were the ones made by Hitatchi, and Eiki I was given an old Eiki LC330 "Cannon style" LCD Projector from 1994 (the very first LCD Projector ever made by Eiki) by my old High School A/V guy who let me have it because they were retiring the school's older LCD Projectors because they had bought in mass quantities a bunch of Hi-Def LCD Projectors I was also given an old Eiki LC300 (If I remember the model number right) and an old Hitachi LCD Projector (both from the late 1990s) and both Eiki Projectors as far as I know are still in working order yet (the LC300 I had given to my old church for them to use as a spare and the LC330 I had given to my old Job Coach's kid's to use to play video games and watch movies on and as far as I know its still working to this day.

Anyways I think your best bet would be to just junk that projector of yours and just get a decent used Hitachi, or Eiki Projector (and if you can't find those brands where you're at you could also try Epson or Dell projectors both of which are brands I would recommend as well.)
Old 08-01-2015, 10:00 AM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

In '08 or so I bought a Viewsonic 19" HDTV-monitor. I needed a small flat TV to go in a limited space. Upon delivery and setting it up I noticed the screen wasn't actually 16:9 it was 16:10, about an inch too tall for proper aspect ratio. And what did they do? They squeezed 16:9 video to make it fit, so everything was squeezed horizontally and stretched vertically with just enough geometric distortion to bug the hell out of me. There was no setting to have it letterboxed on the top and bottom a bit, or overscan on the sides to kill the geometric distortion. Complained to Viewsonic, they said that I shouldn't be noticing it! Eventually after multiple emails back-and-forth they swapped for a "refurb'ed" 22" that did have the proper 16:9 ratio, but the color balance especially black to white gray scale was way too blue in the low lights. Anyway I sold that to someone who thought it looked great, and bought a little 19" Samsung that had the same 16:10 screen but compensated for it by either letterboxing top-bottom or overscanning the sides for full screen user selectable, and there is no geometric distortion. Tracks gray scale very accurately too. Viewsonic used to make some pretty good CRT computer monitors as I recall...
Old 08-01-2015, 07:42 PM
M is for Memory

It was a $10 thrift find so now that I have my laptop back I don't particularly care that it is bad.

Almost never find used projectors in the thrifts so it may not get replaced....Maybe I should check Craigslist....