Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2016, 11:29 PM
<-- CSXT 6038, EMD GP40-2

Identify this Panasonic remote control!

(Wasn't sure where to put this thread, so mods are welcome to move it, if appropriate to do so.)

I've had this ooold Panasonic TV remote for several years now, but I never owned the television set it went with. EBay points to the remote possibly having the model number TNQ-613. It's the oldest remote I own, probably from the mid-60s to the early 70s, possibly for a vacuum tube TV set. The remote has but two basic functions: a three-position volume switch (low/high/mute), and channel up and down rocker. I've never seen such a basic volume setup! Unlike virtually every other remote I have seen, this one is not IR; rather, it looks like an ultrasonic unit. There is what appears to be a large audio emitter at the front of the PCB inside. Quite surprisingly, it also came to me with its original Panasonic 'HI-TOP' batteries installed, and though they are of course dead as doornails, they are very clean and have not leaked. Replacing with fresh batteries does not yield any sound within the audible spectrum from the remote, though I wasn't expecting to be able to hear anything.

What I primarily want to know is what TV set this remote went with, and what it looked like! I'd love to track one down someday. I figure if the remote control is this cool, the matching TV must be even cooler. :P

Photos:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160526_000657.jpg (72.5 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg 20160526_000924.jpg (104.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 20160526_001033.jpg (81.2 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by YamahaFreak; 05-25-2016 at 11:56 PM.