Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2022, 08:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

1971 Philco color Tube Hybrid

Well, I am having a lot of luck this week. I added yet another tv to my collection this will be my second tv with vacuum tubes in it. This is a 1971 Ford Philco color hybrid tube/transistor tv. It has 18 tubes in it and 10 transistors in total. Looks to be a pretty low hour set, barely any cataracts on the screen. A bit dusty but not too bad. Cabinet had no scratches but damage on the lower right hand corner of the cabinet. I have no idea for sure how long it has been since this was powered on and used but I am guessing 20 years. I picked it up for free in the blistering 100 degree heat today in a house that was being cleaned out for sale by a family.

Basically this woman's grandparents never threw away anything, the house was built in 1925 and was NEVER remodeled after the 50s.

Anyways the chassis number is 20QT74. Model is G703OUYA I believe, not 100% sure about the model because the stamp of the model was blurry.

I have not bothered to attempt to turn it on at all yet, as it is highly likely capacitors are bad if I had to guess. I may open it up later tonight and take a look inside.

https://imgur.com/a/HeDCoxn