Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2013, 02:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

70s Panasonic flip-top B&W tv/radio

A while back I was given a small collection of portable vintage TVs. This is one of them... It's an early 70s solid-state Panasonic with the flip-up top. Looks like a briefcase with handle when the tv is in the 'down' position.

It had no 12vdc or mains cords so I pulled out a Pyramid brand 12VDC, 5 ampere supply I had once used for a phono preamp project. It worked well on that supply after determining the correct pinout on the TV,
have not tried it with batteries.

The pattern on-screen is just some bizarre noise which always seems to be beaming on UHF 82 around here.

Last night, I had a small get-together and showed Hellraiser-Hellseeker(straight to video movie) on this tv..along with my '83 G-E color 19"AA. Ran it over the air from my agile modulator--will post better screenshots.

The radio does not seem to function on this unit but I could care less since the tube is very strong and sharp and it is a very 'cool' looking piece. People get most impressed by the oddball TVs usually!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1024131729.jpg (92.5 KB, 78 views)