Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:31 PM
Breaking records is good?

I bought one of these for like $100 and used it at my grandmas while commuting to college and in a bedroom I used there between 2001 and 2007 before I found a projector at a thrift store. It then was given to my sister who used it at her house in her bedroom and then her basement exercise room until just like a month ago.

If I recall it was made by Changhong. Mine had a Panasonic picture tube. If you got a good Changhong it was a good set. I had a 27" branded as a Changhong my buddy is still using, racked up more hours than you could believe between 2000 and present.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrly View Post
I bought one of these for like $100 and used it at my grandmas while commuting to college and in a bedroom I used there between 2001 and 2007 before I found a projector at a thrift store. It then was given to my sister who used it at her house in her bedroom and then her basement exercise room until just like a month ago.

If I recall it was made by Changhong. Mine had a Panasonic picture tube. If you got a good Changhong it was a good set. I had a 27" branded as a Changhong my buddy is still using, racked up more hours than you could believe between 2000 and present.
Mine has a Samsung picture tube, and honestly has a decent picture for what it is. With S-Video inputs, I really like playing retro games on it. Sure, it's not RGB or even Y/Pr/Pb, but it's good for a 20" set that I'm sitting 10ft away from.